The National Association of Sewer Service Companies (NASSCO) has developed standardized procedures for assessing and documenting the condition of underground piping systems for the management of infrastructure deterioration and renewal. Our operators are NASSCO certified using the standard WRC coding systems for sewer defect classification, and are qualified in:
Pipeline Assessment and Certification Program (PACP)
- Acknowledged as the North American standard for pipeline defect identification and assessment.
- Provides a standardized and proven methodology for evaluating and managing pipeline conditions.
- Generates a comprehensive database to properly identify, plan, prioritize, manage, and renovate pipelines based on condition evaluation.
Manhole Assessment and Certification Program (MACP)
- Covers the coding of defects within manholes, and delivers a reliable and consistent evaluation system.
- Promotes the advancement of sewer asset management, and recognizes that manholes are much more complex structures than pipe.
- Involves two Inspection protocols:
- Level 1: provides basic condition assessment information to evaluate the general condition of a manhole.
- Level 2: collects detailed information to fully document all defects, determine the condition of the manhole, and provide the specific information needed to recommend corrective action.
- Uses the established defect coding system found in the PACP.
Lateral Assessment and Certification Program (LACP)
- Covers defect coding in laterals based on the defect codes within PACP.
- Addresses many fittings and access points that are unique to laterals.
- Adheres to several codes that are specific to laterals, including new codes that deal with fittings, such as: YS, bends, clean-outs, and more.
- Includes applications such as: condition assessment of high consequence areas (critical laterals), condition-based preventive maintenance and re-inspection, pipeline deterioration analysis, pipeline condition mapping, population of other application databases, and ability to retrofit existing data.
- Targets contractors and municipalities alike to ensure they are adhering to the same defect code standards when it comes to laterals.
Our certified operators conduct assessments of the utmost accuracy, so that you can make informed and financially sound decisions.